29 percent of men, 9 percent of women say they’ve had 15 or more partners.
About 11 percent of never-married adults had remained chaste.
* About 96 percent of U.S. adults have had sex.
* Sixteen percent of adults first had sex before age 15, while 15 percent abstained from sex until at least age 21.
* The proportion of adults who first had sex before age 15 was highest for non-Hispanic blacks (28 percent) compared to 14 percent for both Mexican-Americans and non-Hispanic whites.
* Six percent of blacks abstained from sex until age 21 or older, fewer than Mexican-Americans (17 percent) or non-Hispanic whites (15 percent).
* Black men and women were more likely to report having 15 or more partners in a lifetime (46 percent and 13 percent, respectively) than other racial or ethnic groups.
* Seventeen percent of men and 10 percent of women reported having two or more sexual partners in the past year.
* Twenty-five percent of women and 17 percent of men reported having no more than one partner of the other sex in their lifetime.
This is from the U.S govt: [url=http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/]National Center for Health Statistics,[/url] a branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.